Saturday 9 March 2013

Hacked account

I've been on GaiaOnline for 5 years now. You see, since I'm quite young, that's quite a significant chunk of my life. It's true that whilst I was working towards my 11+ exams and a little afterwards, I went on it only few times, especially since my school friends stopped using it as well. But it was still a nice part to log onto it. Just like Wonderland Online, it was a part of my childhood happiness, and like many other pieces I keep trying to keep a hold of. I know I'll have to let go eventually, but it's just quite nice holding onto everything for just that little bit longer. After all, what everyone wants is a little slice of happiness right? :)

But on February 16 it all changed :( I looked on my account, and I saw that I had a few private messages. Strange, because I remembered that I hadn't replied to the ones I had before. But then I realised they were notifications for me selling stuff on the website marketplace. Then I looked at my gold balance. From about 2,600,000g to 932g. Utter shock is the only way I could describe it. Basically, my hacker had sold all my 'higher' items (i.e ones above the value of 100k), sold them VERY cheaply (so a 2mil item would be sold for 200k) in order to generate quick cash. Then they used my account to buy an item (usually 2g) for 3.2 million D:< And this way I wouldn't be able to track who this person was. Sucks.

I've reported it now, now all I can do is wait and see if I can get any of it back :3

I'm just glad I'm not like those 'vendors' on the site. Basically, they like to buy hundreds of one item and then sell them a few weeks, months, or years later when the items value in the user marketplace rises. Most of the time the profits are marginal which is why they have to sell in vast quantities. But sometimes (especially with evolving items), they can receive massive profits. However this often results in a user who is constantly on Gaia buying and selling, keeping a close eye on marketplace changes. Sounds too tiring to me for online money.

Song of the Day
Hall of Fame by The Script ft. Will.I.Am
Can't believe I've never put this song on here before! It's a great motivational song <3 Have a listen, you won't regret it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA

Tweet of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment